Guide to Business Ethics and Code of Conduct
This document, whether in electronic or any other form and in any language, may not be reproduced or shared in whole or part without written permission. Additionally, it may not be used in publications outside of KUTES Metal San. ve Tic. A.Ş. Controlled and uncontrolled distribution of the document is subject to procedures determined by KUTES Metal San. ve Tic. A.Ş.
- Change-oriented and visionary management.
- Become integrated with employees.
- Make quality a lifestyle.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Create resource.
- Continuing training.
- Continuous improvement and productivity.
- Respect to people and environment.
- Reduce occupational health and safety risks.
- Assume to comply with legal and other conditions.
- Protection and productive use of energy and natural resources, reduction of environmental burden.
2. Employee Relations
- Seek the qualification as a single measure in recruitment, ensure equality in opportunity without discrimination.
- Bring the most qualified and experienced professionals who will take our company further.
- Provide maximum benefit from the capacities, power and creativity of employees.
- Ensure possibility and equality in opportunity for training, leading and development of employees.
- Use equitable and competitive compensation policies, effective and objective performance evaluation systems.
- Ensure the continuity of labour peace.
- Ensure safe working conditions for employees in all respects where are clean, healthy and necessary of work safety measures were taken.
- Build a working environment where cooperation and cohesiveness are the most important factor, encourage transparency and mutual respect.
- Not allow any kind of harassment in the working place.
- Evaluate and respond to employees' opinions and suggestions and take measures to increase motivation.
- Not share special information about employees without the employee's permission and knowledge except for legal obligations.
- Be respectful of human rights, create basic principles in terms of relations with employees.
3. External Communication
- Comply with all related laws, rules and regulations in countries where we are operating and will be active.
- Manage, record and report all operating activities and accounting system in accordance with the laws.
- Create value for customers, meet their demands and requirements at the highest level.
- Present quality products and services and follow stable policies about quality.
- Create a long-term trust environment in relations with customers.
- Aim to be the first choice by increasing customer satisfaction in sales and after sales process.
- Not give misleading and incomplete information to customers.
- Create mutual value in business relations with suppliers.
- Carry out communication with suppliers clearly, directly and correctly.
- Decide with objective criteria when selecting supplier.
- Comply with reasonable privacy and job safety rules requested by the supplier during supplier inspections and visits.
4. Code of Ethical Conduct for Employees
- Always comply with the law.
- Fulfil duties within the framework of basic ethic and human values.
- Behave in good faith and understanding in order to provide mutual benefit in all relations.
- Not derive an improper personal benefit in any way from people and organizations, not to accept or give bribes each whatever purpose.
- Perform related business ethics and rules of morality and all procedures supported these rules in continuing duties.
- Not to be in behaviour, in the declaration or in correspondence that leave the company under contract unless expressly authorized.
- Not to be in behaviour that annoys and/or damages other employees, not disorder work harmony.
- Pay attention to all tangible and intangible assets of company including information and information systems as personal property, protect them from possible loss, damage, misuse, abuse, theft and sabotage.
- Not use working time and company resources directly or indirectly for personal benefit and/or political activity and profit.
- Ensure that operations are initiated and completed on time legally to be able to guarantee the intellectual property rights of newly developed processes.
- Avoid unauthorized use of patents, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks, computer programs or other intellectual and industrial property rights of other companies –knowingly-.
- Ensure that all legal records are kept in correctly way.
- Not answer/approve information requests from third parties within the classified category for the company without senior management approval.
- Take necessary precautions to protect company employees, information and information systems, factories and administrative offices against possible terror, natural disasters and abuses.
- Make necessary crisis planning related to emergency crisis management that will be organise in case of terrorism, natural disasters etc. and ensure business continuity with minimum loss during crisis in this way.
- Take all kinds of precautions to prevent theft or damage of company assets.
- Act with the consciousness that agreements with business partners, financial and trade secrets of the Company, information that will weaken the company's competitive power, personnel rights and information are in in the "privacy" framework, ensure their protection.
- Not share the information learned at the job and the documents they possess with the unauthorized persons and authority inside and outside of the company for whatever purpose, not use directly or indirectly for speculative purposes.
- Not use companies where they work, the customers of these companies, non-public information about other people and organizations in no way out of intended purpose, not share with third parties without obtaining the necessary permissions.
- Not provide unfair advantage in favour of itself, its relatives or third persons by profiting title and warranty.
- Take care not to fall into conflict of interest with currently worked institution in personal investments to be made.
- Take care that Personal investments to be made or any interests out of business activity don’t prevent to carry out his continuing duty in Kutes Metal Ind. Trade Inc. in terms of time and giving attention and avoid the occurrence of such situations.
- Give information to management in case of first-degree relatives of employee and people who are in the first-level decision-making position for the same job in the customer or supplier company.
- Not accept and offer any gift that create impression of the presence of an irregularity, may cause dependency relationship or can be perceived like this, except materials, that given in accordance with commercial tradition and mores or has the characteristics of memory/promotional.
- Not claim, not offer to third parties, not accept when offered any discounts or benefits that may be perceived as unsuitable from suppliers, customers, Group companies or third parties.
5. Occupational Health and Safety
- Employees act in accordance with the rules and regulations for this purpose and take necessary precautions.
- Employees will not keep any goods or materials in the workplace which are dangerous to the workplace and/or workers or illegal.
- Employees will not keep drugs, addictive substances, restricting or removing agents of mental or material faculties except for those kept based on a valid medical report, will not work at workplace and within the scope of work while they are under the influence of these substances.
6. Prohibition of Political Activity
7. Guidelines for Implementing the Code of Ethical Conduct
- General Manager. (President of the Company Ethical Behaviour Board)
- Manager of Human Resources and Administrative Affairs.
- Legal Advisor.
- Management Representative.
- If there is an abuse that is found to have been done purposely; discharge and initiate legal action, if necessary, in accordance with the relevant articles of labour law. (Beneficial works that the person providing the purposely beneficiary, have done in the past cannot cause a partial or complete indulgence on the decision taken.)
- If there is no abuse or if there is negligence arising from carelessness or ignorance; verbal or written warning according to the event’s effect.